FOURTH DAY: Did I really get all the useful informations?2017-09-27T11:06:43+02:00

FOURTH DAY: Did I really get all the useful informations?

Till now, we gave you practical information to settling in the city.

It may happen that you will have to deal with unpleasant situations listed below. Don’t worry we’re here to help you .

So, what if I lost my documents?



Losing the documents can happen to everyone, someone can steal your wallet with your ID, Passport inside. What would you have to do in such cases?

  • First of all you to have to go to the police office: it is necessary, in fact, to denounce loss or theft of the documents. We also suggest you to make a copy of all your documents before the trip.

  • After that, you will have to go to the embassy or consulate of your native country to request the replacement document. Don’t forget to take with you the copy of the complaint and maybe also ID photos.

  • At last, the embassy or the consulate will give you the Emergency Travel Document (E.T.D.) which is valid only for returning to your country of residence. For getting a new document, you will have to wait the end of all bureaucratic procedures.

What if I’m feeling sick?


Before leaving for your adventure, you must be sure (if you’re an european citizen) to take with your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)/ The card proofs that you’re insured in your native country. If, unfortunately, you feel sick and you have to go to a doctor or to an hospital, make sure you have the EHIC: you will have access to all the treatments easily and you will receive reimbursement of their costs.

If it’s an emergency and you have to visit the ER, here’s a list of all the hospitals in Madrid.

 If you only need a doctor for a prescription or because you you have a fever or a cold, you will have to go to an Health Center, where you will find for sure an helpful doctor, who will take care of you.

Here is the website where you can check an Health Center:

If you’re not an European citizen


The situation is a little more complicated if you’re not an European citizen; first of all, you have to know that Spain has some bilateral healthcare agreements with this countries:

  • Andorra

  • Brazil

  • Chile

  • Ecuador

  • Paraguay

  • Peru

  • Morocco (only those working in Spain)

  • Tunisia (only those working in Spain)

The citizens of these countries will be able to receive free treatments by presenting the Certificate of Right to Medical Care released before leaving for Spain, which confirm that you have an health insurance in your native country.

If your country isn’t in this list, you will have to be sure to take with you your VISA, because, also in this case, it represents the proof that you have an health insurance in your country. Anyway, we suggest you, if you don’t have an emergency, to get in touch with your insurance before going in an Health Center: It will analyse your situation adequately to the circumstances and advise you on what to do next.


We’re sure that you won’t have problems during your trip!


But, of course, is always better knowing what to do in these unpleasent occasions.

Hasta mañana for the last “useful information”!