Foreigners Registration Number – Número de Identificación de Extranjeros (NIE)

NIE, settled in

As many students are moving to Madrid to stay more than three months, they are legally required to get the so-called Foreigners Registration Number (NIE). The process to receive the number is different from the application for a normal Visa. Therefore, we explain and help them to apply and obtain their NIE.

Check our blog post to learn everything about the NIE.

If you have any question about this procedure or you would like us to help you, please contact us and we will be glad to help you:

Useful links:

  • Information about the procedure here
  • Application froms here
  • Make an appointment here
  • Addresses of foreign offices in Madrid here
  • General directorate of police here