6 essentials you shouldn’t forget:
Arriving in a new city is as stressful as it is exciting. We want to make your transition into your life in Madrid as seamless as possible. Follow these 6 essential tips to ensure you have a smooth arrival to Madrid!
1. Clothes: Bring summer and winter clothes! You may be spending much of your time in light clothing. However, temperatures can vary from 40 degrees in the summer to snow in the winter. Most days are warm throughout the year but nights can get super chilly. In other words, come prepared for everything. So, don’t forget your coats/jumpers/hats and gloves too!
2. Acessories can help your day go from good to great and sometimes might just save your skin! Try to remember sunscreen, sunglasses or maybe a cap for the sunny days. In addition, some ther ideas could be a water bottle, a portable charger, a disposable camera, a bottle opener etc.
3. Shoes: When in Madrid all you want to do is be outside! It could be going to a bar, visiting a museum, travelling around the city or even visiting el Retiro. Regadless of the activity, you will be walking around the city a lot. So, make sure you have a good pair of shoes that are comfortable for you to walk around. This will ensure that you can cruise through all your days in comfort and style.
4. Cash: It’s always a good idea to have cash on you in Madrid as many restaurants and café prefer cash payments. Carrying cash also means you can avoid minimum card payments which often may leave you paying more by card than you wanted. Therefore, to ensure you have a smooth arrival to Madrid have some cash on hand making your life and purchases easier.
5. Earplugs: Depending on where you live, life in Madrid can be a bit noisy. Thus, a good pair of earplugs will leave you in peaceful oblivion. Whether you need to drown out the noise of your cheeky flatmates, noisy binmen and the hustle and bustle of life, a pair of earplus will ensure a good nights rest.
6. Student metro card: For 20 euros a month, all students under the age of 26 are eligible for a student travel card. This card will gives you access to any public transport in Madrid all the way to its outskirts. In fact, this card will be crucial to saving you money, time and ensuring your smooth arrival to Madrid.